Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Nutella Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie

I think I may have, inadvertently, created the new chocolate chip cookie.  These cookies are just stuffed with toasted pecans and loaded with chocolate chips and Nutella.  I know, no big deal, right?  But hey.  They are one of the most amazing cookies you'll ever be able to put your grubby hands on.  

I had just finished with frosting some sugar cookies, and it was only 3:20 (which isn't late at ALL considering when I usually finish with my baking before dinner), so I figured what the heck.  I might as well throw caution to the wind and try something new for once.  Anyway.  Couldn't find a recipe that sounded good, when I saw the huge bag of toasted pecans that had been sitting on the counter, unused, for far to long.  It was just begging to be used.  And- now you'll think I'm crazy cause I really don't think nutella is the most amazing thing in the whole wide world (sure, it's good, but personally I'm more of a fan of cookie butter).  But the jar of Nutella had just been sitting in the pantry for too long- like every time I went in to straighten up the pantry, there it was, sadly peeking out from the cocoa powder and shortening.  So every time I would shove it a little father back so I couldn't feel it's remorse for being useless.  But today was just enough.  I took it out from the corner of the pantry and I USED IT ALL.  Like now it's not there to judge me anymore. 

And, surprisingly, these cookies turned out really well.  Like, really amazingly well.  The nutella isn't overwhlming, but all the flavors end up complimenting each other well (which was a relief- because if you're making a new recipe and not even following and throwing caution to the wind and tripling it it would have been a really bad thing if they had flopped).








Nutella Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup Nutella
1 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
2 cups dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment.
Combine the dry ingredients, set aside.  In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and Nutella till combined.  Add the sugars, beat on high speed till light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.  Beat in the vanilla.  Add the dry ingredients, and mix just till there are still some flour streaks left.  Add in the pecans and chocolate chips, mix till combined.  
Scoop batter onto prepared pans, and bake till edges are set but the cookie still looks pretty doughy.  Let the cookies set for a few minutes on the pan, then remove to wire racks to cool.  Store in an airtight container with a piece of bread, and replace the bread as needed (the bread will feel like a crouton after sever days, at which point it will need replaced).



1 comment:

  1. Hello Grace!
    I always love admiring your work! I saw some of your cakes over on Kathryn Grace Photography...they are stunning! =D I decorate cakes and was wondering what you ice yours with....is it buttercream? All your cakes are so smooth! =)
    Many Blessings,
    Emily
    www.oohlalacakery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete